In September, Matt Wilkinson admitted to KGW-TV of Portland, Ore., that he had recently been in a coma for three days and nearly died. How did this come to be? While drinking with some buddies, Wilkinson decided to stick his pet Eastern diamondback rattlesnake into his mouth. "Me, being me, I put his head in my mouth," he said. A doctor told the TV station that Wilkinson barely made it to the hospital in time because his airway had nearly swollen shut from the venomous bites. Wilkinson admitted that the incident was "kind of [his] own stupid fault."