Wisconsin Pirate Party Rally
On June 29th 2013, The Pirate Party of Wisconsin (WIPP) will hold a public meeting and
rally at Red Arrow Park in downtown Milwaukee, 10am – 4pm. All interested citizens are
invited to attend. Membership is open and any Wisconsin citizen may join the party as a
voting member. At the meeting WIPP will announce the Pirate Party candidate for
The Pirate Party of Wisconsin (WIPP) is recognized and affiliated with the US Pirate Party
(PPUS) and Pirate Parties International. See:
The Wisconsin Pirate Party is incorporated as a Wisconsin Cooperative. Each member has
one vote and may participate in the annual meeting held henceforth on the weekend before
The Founding Principals of the Pirate Party.
• Reform of copyright, exemption of non-commercial activity from copyright
regulation, reduction of the duration of copyright protections; banning of DRM
technologies, opposition to media or hardware levies;
• Reform of patent law, particularly stating that patents on life (including patents on
seeds and on genes) and software should not be allowed;
• Strengthening civil rights, transparent government, speedy and fair trial and freedom
of speech; expansion of the right to anonymity in communication.
The Pirate Party is above gender and race and supports fundamental human rights.
• All natural born citizens should be equal before the law.
• Citizens should have the right to marry whomever they love and whomever their faith
• We recognize the 1948 Declaration of Human Rights including the right to organize
unions and collectively bargain.
• We consider corporations as neither citizens nor people.
• A free society must protect its whistleblowers. The fates of Edward Snowden,
Jeremy Hammond, Aaron Swartz, Bradley Manning and Julian Assange underscore
the loss of Americans’ right to know what it government does. A free press is
essential to liberty.
• The President must not be given the power to kill Americans without due process and
judicial review. Due process must not be circumvented, even in times of war.
Further information is available on the party’s website http://www.wipp.coop
The party’s Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/ppwisconsin
Its Twitter account is http://twitter.com/#!/ppwisconsin
For interview requests or additional information about the party,
please e-mail email@example.com or call +1 414 979-1PPW [+1 414 979-1779].