Wisconsin Green Building Alliance 10th Annual SE² Sustainability and Energy Efficiency Conference
The Wisconsin Green Building Alliance 10th Annual SE² Sustainability and Energy Efficiency Conference will be held on Friday, October 4th at UW Milwaukee. The name of this year’s conference is SE² 2013: Focus on Sustainable Communities. UW Milwaukee has generously offered to sponsor the event location. Sustainable communities are those cities, towns and urban areas that are dedicated to maintaining a balance between their current needs while ensuring that adequate resources are available for future generations. These communities are able to improve public health and quality of life for all residents by limiting waste, preventing pollution, maximizing conservation, promoting efficiency, and developing healthy regional economic development and vibrant communities. WGBA's 10th annual SE2 conference will explore the avenues of sustainable communities and highlight best practices.
· One day conference with breakfast and luncheon served
· Hosted by UW-Milwaukee on Friday, October 4th, 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM, at UW-Milwaukee Union, "The Wisconsin Room"
· Two keynote speakers featuring David Miller, Founding Partner of Miller Hull and Tari Emerson, Director of Energy and Capital Projects for Kohls Corporation.
· General session topics covering Green Jobs, Alternative Transportation, Urban Renewal, Sustainability in Higer Education, Green Schools, Policies and Programs of Sustainable Communities, Existing Buildings, Green Manufacturing, and Sustainable Business Trends
· Tenth annual SE² Awards Competition winners revealed
· Ignite Presentation for Exhibitors
· Drawing for iPad - Mini
· Expected attendance 300 +